Air Canada’s enRoute Mag is asking a very important question: have YOU eaten at one of Canada’s best new restaurants this year? The magazine has shared a shortlist and opened online voting on 32 of Canada’s newest restaurants for a great contest. Read more below!
Restaurants Canada is proud to announce that the following our members have been shortlisted:
The criteria of making the shortlist? All the restarants were opened between June 2014 and June 2015, and were part of a month-long dining marathon where international food and wine writer Andrew Braithwaite anonymously visited and judged their dishes and dining experience. The shortlisted restaurants have been nominated by a volunteer panel of food and hospitality industry leaders. Each restaurant is meant to represent and showcase the diversity and culture of our great country and were recommended by a volunteer panel of hospitality and industry leaders. Voters will be entered in to win a prize and a visit to the nominated restaurant of your choice!
Take a peek at the short list:
- St. John’s, N.L.: Adelaide Oyster House, Merchant Tavern
- St. John, N.B.: Port City Royal
- Quebec City: Ciel! Bistro-Bar, Le Renard et la Chouette
- Val-David, Que.: La Table des Gourmets
- Montreal: GEMA Pizzeria, Jatoba, Lavanderia, Salmigondis
- Gatineau, Que.: Soif
- Ottawa: North & Navy
- Wellington, Ont. (Prince Edward County): Drake Devonshire
- Toronto: Bar Raval, Boralia, Buca Yorkville, DaiLo, Dandylion, Hanmdoto, Little Sister, Yasu
- Hamilton, Ont.: Brux House
- Winnipeg: Enoteca
- Calgary: The Nash, Pigeonhole
- Edmonton: Rostizado
- Vancouver: AnnaLena, Bauhaus, Grapes & Soda, Sai Woo
- Sooke, B.C.: Wild Mountain Food & Drink
- Galiano Island, B.C.: Pilgrimme
We’d like to wish all restaurants good luck! For the full list and voting instructions, mosey on over to the enRoute Mag site.
More information can also be found on CTV.