What percentage of revenues does the average restaurateur spend on rental and leasing? (p. 21)
What were the ten fastest-growing menu items in 2016? (p. 30)
Why is this the year to innovate and evolve your business? (p. 17)
You’ll find answers to these questions, and many others, in the 2017 issue of Foodservice Facts. Published once a year, this Restaurants Canada publication brings you the latest trends and statistics, and helps you use them to grow your business.
All of our most popular features are back, including:
- A breakdown of average operating expenses,
- Trends in dollars spent and visits to restaurants, by segment,
- Popular consumer trends – and trends that have lost their steam,
- Results of the 2017 Chef Survey,
- Business Insights to help you apply all this information to your own business,
- And much more.
Foodservice Facts is free with membership in Restaurants Canada, and available for purchase by non-members.
Harnessing the power of technology
Don’t overlook the importance of using technology to get yourself known and searched. Our new technology feature will help you make sense of it.
Here’s some of what you’ll learn:
- 22% of operators either accept payments via mobile phone app, or will start doing so in the next 12 months,
- 68% of 18- to 34-year olds have used their smartphones to look up restaurant locations and hours of operation, and
- 80% of restaurants use social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) to build awareness of their establishment.
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Want to know more about how restaurants are integrating technology today, and how they plan to use it in the next six months? We cover it all in the section on harnessing the power of technology.
Read Foodservice Facts today
Your peers are reading Foodservice Facts and use it to make their business decisions. Don’t get left behind!
Members: you’ll receive their copies in the mail soon, but be sure to check out your FREE digital version, with bonus on-line features.
Not a member? Join today to get your free issue of Foodservice Facts, and many other benefits.
We’re stronger together!