As open kitchens become more popular, even in QSR, upgrading to new, modern, high-efficiency equipment can reap significant performance and help you keep saving on energy.
Restaurants are among the most energy-intensive commercial spaces making utilities one of the highest costs facing restaurateurs. With low-profit margins, any monetary savings from energy efficiency improvements significantly benefit the bottom line.
EASY SOLUTIONS WITH THE FOLLOWING ENERGY STAR PRODUCTS:
- Install LED lighting, they use at least 7590% less energy than incandescent bulbs
- Fryers shorten cooking and recovery times and use 3035% less energy
- Griddles save energy and have higher production rates with more uniformity of temperature
- Dishwashers use 40% less energy and 40% less water, which means savings of up to 40% on both water and sanitary charges
- Commercial fridges and freezers use 40% less than standard equipment
- Coffee brewers use 35% less energy
- Commercial steam cookers use 3850% less energy and 90% less water
- Hot food holding cabinets use up to 70% less energy
Look for the BLUE STAR —and open the door to new possibilities for your business.
ELECTRICITY CONSUMPTION BY END USE
Space cooling 11%
NATURAL GAS CONSUMPTION BY END USE
Space Heating 15%
Water heating 18%
Purchasing Energy Star certified equipment vs. standard models will use 3090% less energy!
FOODSERVICE ENERGY CHALLENGE
Restaurants Canada is taking the lead on sustainability with presenting partners Energy Star ® and Save on Energy ™.
Together we will be rolling out the Foodservice Energy Challenge where foodservice operators can sign up to take advantage of money-saving energy tips, incentives and rebates and win energy efficient prizes.
A select group of foodservice operators interested in upgrading their business and in saving on energy will be invited to participate in the challenge.
Here is what you can expect:
- Free audit to determine energy saving opportunities within your kitchen and facility
- Support from your local electric and gas utility to assist with applicable incentives
- LEAF certification
- Opportunity to win $5,000 towards the purchase of new kitchen equipment from Russell Hendrix